Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Mini Spa Night


While most of my friends were out throwing back Jack and Cokes and Belgian wheat beers, I was sipping green tea. Call it lame, but my Friday turned into a night of restful rejuvenation. Ok, so it might have started out a little loud with me singing in the shower at a really high decibel, but I find singing makes me happy and happy people are relaxed people, right? And happy, relaxed people take long hot showers. Ok, I know it's terrible for my dry winter skin, but three minutes were devoted to a John Frieda hair glaze, and I made sure to counteract the damage with the best under $6 body moisturizer I've ever used. Nivea Body Essentially Enriched Daily Lotion for Very Dry, Rough Skin (quite a mouthful) leaves my skin intensely moisturized and sinks right in.

I followed this by giving myself a facial with Fresh Sugar Face Polish. Never having used this before, the texture was a little interesting. Imagine taking strawberry jam and densifying it with lots and lots of sugar and you have Fresh's face polish. The sugar melted into my skin as I scrubbed in a circular motion, making me feel as though I wasn't getting the most out of my exfoliant. After leaving the scrub on for the recommended five minutes, I had really smooth skin but I was left wishing that I used the Appleseed Resurfacing Kit instead.

Having taken care of my skin, I let my hair air dry while watching a movie and sipping on a glass of red wine. Hey I was protecting myself against heart disease... Ultimately I retired to bed early and entirely stress free. Now if I only could have had a personal masseuse...

No comments: