Friday, December 7, 2007

A Little Spring In Your New Year


Is it just me or were the people behind rosé's PR working their tails off this past spring? Rosé seemed to pop up on every wine list I saw. I mean, you know a wine is a big deal when People Magazine takes the time to recognize that it's Sienna Miller's drink of choice. So with the holidays fast approaching, why not add a little hint of spring to your celebrations?

If you haven't heard of Vin Du Bugey-Cerdon, you are missing out. This sparkling French rosé is brimming with watermelon and strawberry fruit notes. Imported by Kermit Lynch, it can be a little difficult to track down. Metro-Detroiters can find it at Papa Joe's in Birmingham and at my favorite wine shop, Morgan and York, in Ann Arbor. Chicagoans can find it at Fox and Obel market.

In the years I've known about this wine, I've never heard a bad review. It's just what your New Year's bar is missing. So pour yourself a flute of this crowd-pleasing, delicious sparkling wine and enjoy. Cheers!

No comments: