Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Be it ever so humble...


Life in Chicago has been rather exciting. So far I've successfully navigated an Irish couple to the Sears Tower, caught up on the latest issues of CS, visited a green river and had Guinness poured in my eye on Saint Patrick's Day, not to mention I've eaten WAY too many Fox and Obel cupcakes. All and all it's been a delightful move, if a little harried.

I might still be living out of a suitcase, but that hasn’t stopped me from fantasizing about my yet to be found new apartment. After flipping through the latest issue of Domino, I can’t wait to decorate! I’m curious about grey painted walls (are they everywhere now?) and am ready to embrace pattern and reupholster vintage furniture. So before I go all Kelly Wearstler on you, are there any great Chicago home stores that I need to check out?

I know normally I come here with recommendations, but today I figure I'll shake things up a bit. If you know of anything fabulous and preferably fabu-less (remember I'm a writer) please let me know.

No comments: