Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Mascara Snob No More


I admit it. I've been a snob. From the moment I tried my first Clinique mascara in high school there was no turning back. It's only been onward and upward since then. YSL, Lancôme, Chanel, I have been content to spend $26.50 on mascara. So when Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara appeared on the market I was skeptical. How could this mascara possibly compare to my current Chanel Inimitable obsession? Determined to break through all the hype and forge my own conclusion, I ventured into my local Walgreens and came out brandishing a bright orange tube of mascara. Every day for the past month or so, I pull out the pleasantly plump wand and coat my lashes in Very Black. The formula is light and never clumpy or flaky and the secret, I believe, is in the brush. It's many bristles pull my lashes up and out, resulting in both gloriously full lashes and a change of heart. I have finally seen the light and it's plump and orange and available at the drugstore.

No comments: