Saturday, September 15, 2007

Beauty Essentials Every Woman Should Have

I have a problem. I am addicted to makeup. If it's glossy and shimmery, I have to have it. If it's silky and dewy, I need it. If it's mattifying and magnificent, I really, really want it. And it's these thoughts that have turned my makeup case from something that could easily sit on a vanity, into a bonafide crowded aluminum artist's trunk. Seriously point me toward the next Lanvin runway show and I could make all the models up with the contents of my personal makeup arsenal.

In an effort to cleanse and purge, I weeded through my monstorously overstuffed makeup case. Thowing away a half used bottle of Stila nailpolish (from the days when they actually made nailpolish) and the remnants of a dropped eye shadow were the lowpoints. But from these lows, I like to think that I've come up with a well edited collection. While I might always have a few extras, I've made a list of the ten beauty essentials that every woman should have.

1. Shu Uemura Eye Lash curler- curls even the most reluctant of lashes
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer- comes in a wide array of shades and has a beautiful finish
3. Nars Blush in Orgasm- this peach/pink blush looks good on every skin tone
4. Lancôme Cils Booster XL- mimics the looks of Shu Uemura falsies without the effort, not to mention it's vitamin packed
5. Chanel Inimitable Mascara Black- gives you volume, length and curl without clumps
6. Lancôme Effacernes Concealer- lightweight concealer that actually stays in place and can be used both undereyes and on the face
7. Nars Lipstick in Dolce Vita- a beautiful rose color that is often sold out due to its popularity
8. Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Mirth-pink/peach gloss that's never sticky or smelly
9. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liners- come in a variety of shades, not to mention they're waterproof and stay the day
10. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten- neutral peach shimmer that always wakes up the eye

No comments: